With the primary intention of helping to inform our clients’ career decisions, the Career Counseling and Assessment Clinic provides a package of 4 to 5 50-minute career counseling sessions with a focus on the assessment of work interests, personality characteristics, work values, and abilities.
Depending on individual needs and goals, our counselors work collaboratively with clients to better understand:
- their work-related likes and dislikes
- their personality characteristics that influence work-related comfort, satisfaction, and success
- the importance of various work environment characteristics to the their job satisfaction
- their work-related abilities
- suitable occupational areas to further explore
- sources of information about work environments
- resources and challenges in their career decision-making
- helpful next steps in their decision making
Clients are given user-friendly reports describing the results from each of the tests. In addition, clients receive a comprehensive written report that summarizes the assessment and counseling process and highlights the counselor’s recommendations. The Career Counseling and Assessment Clinic uses sophisticated and well-researched assessment instruments that include the Strong Interest Inventory, California Psychological Inventory, Minnesota Importance Questionnaire, Minnesota Ability Test Battery, and the Minnesota Ability Estimation Questionnaire.
We are NOT a placement service that can help clients find specific job openings; however, our counselors are able to help clients find resources that can assist them with resume writing, interviewing, and locating job openings.